18 January 2018
SPEA will support Azeravtoyol OJSC, the Motorway Management (Maintenance) Unit (MMU) and the seven Regional Maintenance Units (RMUs) in the implementation of the reforms/reorganisation of the M road maintenance and operation system in accordance with the design of the relevant component of the Third Highway Project.
SPEA activities will ensure:
- Reforms in organisation, strategy and safe working practices for the maintenance of Azerbaijan’s M road network;
- An operational MMU capable of defining maintenance needs, managing the delivery of maintenance through the RMUs and the preparation of annual business plans and rolling maintenance budgets as part of a road asset management system;
- The development of efficient and sustainable RMUs as business entities with an organization for financing, accounting, staffing, facilities, equipment, quality, safety, communication and business development;
- The establishment and functioning of Service Level Agreements;
- The establishment of a system for monitoring the M road network condition, usage and maintenance management;
- The development of an internal and external communication strategy.